Greetings and Good Evening Team Tyler,
Today was a good day. I continue to be humbled and amazed by the outpouring of love and support that I’m feeling from all of you. I am truly blessed to have so many wonderful, positive, supportive people in my life. It’s hard to find words to express my gratitude to you all. THANK YOU.
Our arsenal in this fight is growing by the day. I wanted to give you all an important update on the tools that we have at our disposal in this long and grueling race:
- Thanks to Dr. Reza Rafie (and the whole Rafie family!), the official dentist of Team Tyler, (www.SDSmileDesigners.com), I have a brand new Rotadent, which will prove especially useful, as I am supposed to brush my teeth four times daily to prevent potential infection.
- Thanks to Megan Hill, the official moisturizer and aroma-therapist of Team Tyler (www.indigowild.com) for helping to keep the whole team clean and fresh with an awesome package of Zum soaps and scents. All natural of course.
- Thanks to John & Joyce Wagner for helping to keep the Team Tyler Christmas Spirit in full-effect with a lovely little tree that is illuminating my living room as I type. (That’s me doing my best “ho ho ho” with the tree)
- Thanks to my brother Joe Shreve for a big ol’ stocking full of goodies, including a mega DVD of eight animated Christmas classics.
- Thanks to Jason, Ann, Zeke, & Leo, my Sacramento Wagners, for a great CD on mindfulness and guided-meditation. Sound mind, sound body.
- Thanks to Connie & Mick Hassler for the prayer candles, which I burned while I practiced with my meditation CD last night.
- Thanks to Amou Majid and the Moshirian Family for the nutritional support.
And, finally, thanks to my brother Dan Bates for bringing home what was surely the catch-of-the-day from his company white-elephant gift exchange, winner of six Grammy Awards, including Album of the Year, and Record of the Year…TOTO! On vinyl! We took it for a spin on my record-player tonight while Tash cooked up some delicious stuffed bell-peppers. It sounds just as good today as it did back in 1982! Don’t believe me? See for yourself:
Love you guys,